Friday, 24 August 2012

Something from nothing

I had to pop to hubby's work this week, while I was there he commented on the amount of card that goes for recycling, straight away my mind went into overdrive. So off I went with a couple of sheets. As soon as I got home I tried die cutting it, it works great with thin dies, so I asked if he could save me some...... here's what he came home with :)

So I have been playing, first I cut some rolled flowers (die-namics mini royal roses) and used distress inks to colour. I then googled for a paper flower pot and found this origami one here http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2568748/how_to_make_an_origami_basket_flower_pot/ I used one 6x6 sheet of patterned paper. I then cut some more card to make some soil and again used ink to colour.  
Close up of the soil in place and some card leaves.
And a close up of the finished bouquet :)
Please ignore the state of my thumb nail!! that distress ink makes a right mess of them.
How cute and dinky is this? 

No comments:

Post a Comment